UiBot : Robots for Everyone!
Insurance business is always complicated. Although it takes a lot of manpower and time, customer satisfaction is very low. With the quick development of digital technology, 43% business in insurance industry can realize automation by RPA.
After deploying RPA, 85% business of the Japanese insurance company has been automated. It not only alleviated manpower shortage in peak time, but also increased process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
The Japanese insurance company which has a history of more than a hundred years, is one of the domestic life insurance giant and one of the top 500 companies in the world.
There are tens of thousands of employees in the company, of whom about 10,000 of employees are engaged in clerical work. These employees have to switch among several systems, so that they have wasted a lot of time and energy.
In 2011, the company began to pilot RPA in the sales background management system of the insurance window, and formally deployed RPA in 2014. In 2017, the company has applied RPA in the background of enterprise insurance. Now, the company has gradually dispatched RPA robots to various branches in Japan.
The business of window sales, enterprise insurance, back office of personal insurance, etc.
1. In insurance contract, register the document data recording the application information into the internal system of company.
2. In the insurance claim business, read the bar code in the applicant’s application documents and register the contract information into the company’s internal system.
3. Confirm the insurance status of a specific individual according to the query results in the public system.
Before deploying (Pain Point):
1. The sharp increase in monthly business leads to irregular overtime and the completion of tasks close to the dead line, resulting in the risk of mistakes caused by employees’ lack of concentration.
2. Due to quarterly settlement, the maturity of specific goods and other reasons, the volume of business will change greatly in a year.
3. The company has to hire temporary workers and to train those workers without experiences to an advanced level in short time. In a word, the company’s burden is heavy.
After deploying (Deployment Effects):
1. The company has deployed over 100 RPA robots in 49 business. It has saved nearly 50,000 hours a year. The work efficiency and customer satisfaction has been improved greatly.
2. It has alleviated labour shortage in rush hours. The workload and manual errors of employees has been decreased. And the pressure in training temporary workers have also been lightened.
3. RPA robots can work continuously in 7*24 hours, even automatically count the number of cases accepted for the day even at night.
4. The employees haven’t lost their jobs because of deployment of RPA. On the contrary, they spend their energy and time on more humane work.